Saturday 3 May 2014

Mum's Little Helper

As many of you will already be aware. Lottie is officially not an assistant dog, however this does not mean she cannot help me around the house (And believe me she does).

All the 'tricks' she knows I have taught her using the Clicker training method, which I will do another post on soon.

So far she can tidy her toys away,  pick items up off the floor and bring them to my hand, find and fetch my slippers from anywhere in the house, walk slowly on a lead when I tell her to (This comes in really handy down steep hills).

Training for us is very much on going and I don't take the approach of "We have finished the 6 week course, I have a perfectly trained dog".

As you can see in the video, Lottie is very eager to show of her new found skill!.

What ''Tricks' do you find the most useful to teach?

Jessica

Don't forget to check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/waggytales1



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. What a smart girl! Training is definitely an ongoing thing. My dog is older and VERY stubborn, so she is kind of difficult to train. Not saying that old dogs can't learn new tricks. I think she just doesn't WANT to learn new tricks lol.

    ReplyDelete

© Waggy Tales. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig