Monday 21 July 2014

Monday's Mischief | Pool Time.

Well summer is officially here so that means only one thing. It's pool time! As I mentioned in my Summer Safety Series one great way of keeping your dog cool in the hot weather is a small paddling pool.

Lottie's having her summer groom tomorrow so we thought its best she gets some pool time today (We tend not to let her in after she has been groomed).


Come on mum fill it up!

How does this thing work?

Previous times when Lottie has been in the pool she hasn't been 100% sure. She goes in for a few seconds then jumps out. This time I decided to place a treat inside the pool and here's the results.
Don't worry guys the thing floating in the pool is just a treat!
 
She spend at 20 minutes trying to get the treat out which she eventually did do. I highly recommended this for dogs that are not sure of water. It sure has worked with Lottie and she even kept going back for more long after the treat had gone.
Jessica and Lottie

We've taken part in Monday Mischief blog hop hosted by Snoopy’s Dog Blog, Alfie’s Blog and My Brown Newfies

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Mr. N is getting groomed this week as well and I try to make sure he stays clean for at least a day or two afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same rule at our house! No outside fun immediately after getting groomed. I try to keep them cleaned for at least a few hours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, looks like she had a wonderful time. We have a little plastic one but I am not sure I am brave enough to use an inflaitable one for our two. Looks like it worked great for Lottie though!

    ReplyDelete

© Waggy Tales. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig