Thursday 10 April 2014

And so I started blogging

I’m new to this whole blogging concept, but I have had a dog blog in mind for a while now and thought it might be fun, so here I am, finally starting one. First I guess I had better introduce you to my dog Lottie, as she will likely end up being the main contents of this blog. 


Lottie is a three year old, West Highland White Terrier. She has changed my life from the day she first arrived home, at around 8 weeks old.


I suppose I should introduce myself, as well. Well... My name is Jessica. I'm twenty two years old. I'm studying for a degree in Business Management at my local University in Staffordshire. Up until now things have been pretty standard about me, but there really is something quite unique. I suffer from a condition called Osteogenesis Imperfecta or in plain english it means my bones break easily.Although I try to be as independent as I can, it does mean I have to use a wheelchair full time. This in its self can put some pretty big obstacles in my way, but I don't let that stop me.


Strangely the main disabling obstacle I face from having a disability, is having to use a wheelchair full time. You might think this sounds bizarre, but people just view me 'different' from anybody else, which can really hinder my social interactions. This is where Lottie comes in. Since being a dog owner, this is now what people see me as, and not as a disabled person in a wheelchair.


My intention is to share mine and Lottie adventures, write about the joy of living with pets, and the many trials and tribulations us dogs owners face on a daily basic, but mainly the most important aspect I want to share is my day to day experiences with my furry four legged best friend, and how one small dog has changed my life more than I ever thought possible.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Hi Jessica, welcome to blogging! I think you have a unique story to tell and am looking forward to reading more about you and Lottie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Ann. It's all very new at the moment there is so many dog blogs I didn't realise it was so popular. I'm just creating a Facebook account at the moment, maybe when it's live you could give it a like.

      Jessica

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica, I'm really looking forward to following along with you and Lottie. I have been dog-blogging since October and love it so much, having met many wonderful people! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world!! I can't wait to read more about your adventures with Lottie!

    ReplyDelete

© Waggy Tales. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig